We recently attended an event called ATV Fest where we attended sessions hosted by costume designers from various TV shows and Movies, and actors/directors from multiple TV shows.
One screening that we attended was for the new Shonda Rhimes show, ‘The Catch’, which aired March 24th. If you missed the premier of this series, go ahead and catch up on episode one then tune in tomorrow night for the second episode, you will not regret adding ‘The Catch’ to your list of Thursday night tv shows to watch.
According to ABC, “This thriller centers on the strong successful Alice Vaughn. She is LA’s top private investigator and the woman you don’t want to mess with. But when her fiancé cons her out of millions and disappears, Alice goes on a private mission for payback.”
We won’t give away what happens in episode one but we will share some interesting facts from the question and answer session with stars from ‘The Catch’ that are new to ‘Shondaland’.
- After the storyline and plot were drawn out and the actors and actresses were assigned their parts Shonda knew the story of the series could be better, so she called Allan Heinberg and while he was on a 10 hour flight from London and he then came up with the new plot.
- ‘The Catch’ originally followed a female forensics accountant whose career specialty was exposing fraud for a living, but the main character now plays the part of Alice Vaughn, a fierce private investigator.
- Elvy Yost, who plays the character, Sophie, was originally going to play the part of an Intern who could speak Japanese (she even credited her bilingual talent to her reason for getting the part).
- The ‘bad-guy’ was originally a cop.
- Actor, Rose Rollins, was extremely happy with her character change, she went from a stay at home mom, to a single fierce woman who works with Alice as a private investigator.
Rules that are very crucial in Shondaland
- Men do not save the women…ever… instead men play the role of the ‘Damsel in Distress’
- Men in Shondaland chop wood, When Allen Heinberg asked Shonda Rhimes if the men could play golf, she said “Maybe, but let me see what theyre wearing first.”
- DO NOT mess with Shonda
- Shondaland is one big family ❤
We could not publish this post without talking about the fashion in this show, and of course sharing with you so you can dress just as fierce as ‘The Catch’ characters.
Our favorite looks from ‘The Catch’
(Link to shop at the end)
Alice Vaughn’s Work Outfit
Duplicate this look with these hot items:
Alice Vaughn’s Dressy Office Look
This pre-owned vintage DVF wrap dress is perfect for this look!
Rose Rollins’ Office Look
This look can be made dressy or casual, we LOVE the shorts business suit!
Final Favorite look, you will see why we love this look when you watch the first episode!
This Dress is great for dressy OR casual summer/spring events, And this lipstick buy NARS is fab, I own it and wear it religiously!
Catch the trailer for ‘The Catch’ HERE
Shop all of these looks HERE
Thanks for reading and lets us know if you have outfit requests from ‘The Catch’ through any of our social media outlets!